Saturday, March 12, 2011

Officially on day two of SXSW. Saw two films last night - Source Code and blacktino. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Monaghan star in Source Code and were around with Vera Farminga (who also stars) and the writer and director for a Q and A following the film. I truly enjoyed the film which is an exciting ride! It's an ingenious adventure like Groundhog Day, with a thriller plot. I know I am being vague, but today I'm off to one on one interviews with the cast and will report more later and even add a few photos.

As far as blacktino goes, while the movie's storyline held my interest, the cast, except for a couple of folks and some big name cameos, left me a bit flat. Director Erin Burns and much of his cast are locals and I will reveal more about that and conversations of the red carpet later when I have more time. I do think blacktino deserves a look for sure, but don't expect exceptional acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment